Former Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Peter Fayose, has expressed outrageous anger as the (supposed) President Muhammadu Buhari failed to appear before the House of Representatives on Thursday.
In a series of tweets on Thursday, Fayose asked supporters of Buhari to apologize to Nigerians who were misled in 2015, during the Presidential elections. This is coming after Buhari declined the invitation from the House of Representatives led by the Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila, last week, over the rising insecurity and the killing of over 43 farmers by Boko Haram terrorists in Borno State.
Moreover, the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN), had on Wednesday said that the National Assembly lacked the power to invite the President to speak on security matters. Reacting, Fayose, noted that Buhari showed the sign of a “dictator” by shunning the invitation extended to him by the legislative arm of government over the insecurity challenges in the country.
“Before and after 2015, those of you who were opposed to my views on the Buhari’s Presidency then cannot but agree today that Nigerians were misled to have elected him. “Me (sic) thinks they should publicly apologize for misleading Nigerians just like others have been doing.
“I said it on December 1, that President Buhari won’t honour the House of Reps invitation on the worsened security situation in the country. Truly he didn’t. “With a democratically elected President who does not have regard for other arms of govt,how else do you describe a dictator,” he tweeted.
He also stated that, “more than ever before, more killings and kidnappings are being witnessed daily,” adding that “Nigerians want explanations on what happened to $1Bn”.
The worsening state of security across Nigeria in the past weeks have become increasingly alarming; meanwhile, the Presidency is yet to take any step to ensure solutions to the security problems facing the country.
Nwada Ugochinyere Onyechere reporting, Obinwannem News